Savor the Flavor - May 21, 2016
BCNC hosted its 2nd Savor the Flavor Reception at the Quincy Center for Innovation. Guests sampled food and beverages from local eateries, heard participant testimonies, and voted for their favorite “flavor”. Participating restaurants included: Chicken & Rice Guys, Vivi Bubble Tea Café Quincy, JP Fuji Group, Book Your Staff, Royal Hotpot Sushi & Bar, MEM Tea Imports, Sher-A-Punjab, Tea Do – Boston, barkTHINS, and Saigon Alley. Congratulations to Vivi Bubble Tea Café Quincy for being voted “Best Flavor”! Special thanks to co-chairs, Russell Chin and Lori Wirkus, adult student speaker, Yan Na Chen, and Mistress of Ceremonies, Joy Lim Nakrin, for making this event successful. Proceeds from the event support BCNC Quincy programs.
Sponsors: Tufts Medical Center, South Cove Community Health Center, East Boston Savings Bank, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Chin Law Firm, South Cove Manor at Quincy Point, Bank of Canton, Jimmy Chiu, Choo & Company, Inc., Flynn | Wirkus | Young, Rockland Trust, and UMass Boston
See photos from the 2016 Savor the Flavor event.
Annual Meeting - June 23, 2016
Over 75 participants, staff, and supporters attended the 2016 Annual Meeting to hear highlights from this past year and learn about the future of our organization. Board President, Selina Chow, thanked outgoing Board Member, Mabel Lam, for serving on BCNC’s Board. We congratulated staff, as well as our foster grandparent volunteers for completing 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35 years of service!
See photos from the 2016 Annual Meeting.
Oak Street Fair - September 24, 2016
Nearly 1,000 people came out for BCNC's 31st Annual Oak Street Fair. The day featured face painting, arts and crafts, performances, three-legged races, hula hoop contests, and our famous watermelon eating contest. Vendors shared important community resources including dental screenings, voter registration, and information on elder health and immigration. Special thanks to our incredible volunteers and sponsors.
Sponsors: Comcast, Tufts Medical Center, South Cove Community Health Center, East Boston Savings Bank, Rockland Trust, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and Hingham Institution for Savings
See photos from the 2016 Oak Street Fair.
Banquet - March 3, 2017
The 29th Annual Chinese New Year Banquet was held at Hei-La Moon Restaurant. With 550 guests, this sold-out event raised $380,000 to support our family-centered services each year. This year's award recipients included BCNC participants, Djilali Chaker and Elizabeth Do for their successes, and volunteers, Dora Hui, Denis Tam, and Stella Tam for their service. Special thanks to master of ceremonies, Jonathan Choe from NBC Boston.
- Platinum: Bank of America and Tufts Medical Center
- Gold: Capital One, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, South Cove Community Health Center, and TJX Companies
- Silver: Joe and Selina Chow, Laura Sen and John O’Connor, Greystone, The Nellie Mae Education Foundation, Nutter McClennen & Fish, Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster, Riemer & Braunstein, and State Street Corporation
- Bronze: Arbor Realty, Beacon Communities LLC, Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Massachusetts, The Boston Foundation, The Davis Companies, The Fallon Company, Renee Inomata and Paul Lee, People's United Bank, TA Realty, and Tai Tung Pharmacy
- Crystal: Boston Financial Investment Management, Comcast, Deloitte, First Republic Bank, Goulston & Storrs, Hingham Institution for Savings, HUB International, Longfellow, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Murphy, Edwards, Goncalves & Ferrera, PC, NEI General Contracting, Rockland Trust, Senior Whole Health, Trinity Financial, Tufts Health Plan Foundation, and Verizon
- Jade: Cathay Bank, Suzanne Lee, Charles & Ceci Chin, Elly & David Newbower
See photos from the 2017 Banquet.