In the Chinese culture, a hong bao, a red envelope with money inside, is given away for special celebrations such as the New Year, birthdays, and weddings. It symbolizes good fortune, prosperity, love and appreciation. A generous contribution of $500 or more will enable you to become a member of the Red Envelope Circle. Members are honored at an annual VIP reception hosted by the Board President, and listed on a display in the lobby at BCNC.
The Red Envelope Circle represents a group of leadership donors who, through their support of BCNC, show their commitment to supporting children and youth, strengthening families and building a stronger community. The potential impact of your gift is:
- $10,000 provides a summer camp for 18 children
- $5,000 provides one month of family services which include parenting workshops, counseling and support groups
- $2,500 provides training for a class of women to become family child care providers
- $1,000 provides one semester of English classes to a student in the Adult Education program
- $500 provides one year of tutoring for one youth