The ESL for Customer Service job training program is a free training for intermediate English language learners seeking full-time entry-level employment in the customer service industry. This program is held in partnership with the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) and the Boston Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development.
- One-on-one career counseling every week
- Visits to local retail employers
- Guest speakers
- Help with finding and keeping a job
What You Will Learn:
- Customer service skills
- English for everyday work
- How to apply to jobs and pass job interviews
- How to plan for your long-term career goals
Time: Mondays to Fridays, 9:45 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Length: 8 weeks
- Live in Boston
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Available to work 30 or more hours per week
- Intermediate English level
- Homeless or near homeless individuals, TANF recipients, and individuals with CORI issues are welcome to apply.
How to Apply: Go to the Chinese Progressive Association (28 Ash St, Boston): Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays; 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. We accept applications year-round.
For More Information:
Yu Sin Mok: 617-357-4499 (Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, & English)
Allison Wein: 617-635-5129 x2012 (Spanish, French, & English)